Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday morning

Woke up in the morning feeling... well not like P.Diddy, unless he has a cold?... tired and confused. Must have been fast asleep. Another dreamless night... thanks for that. The dreams I have been having lately are disturbing, to say the least.

A was fast asleep beside me. He did not need to get up quite so early since he starts work later this week. The weirdest thing was that the cats were fast asleep too. The boy didn't even manage to get up off his chair till after I said hi to him twice. He did provide a good cuddle and purr though, which is always appreciated.

After initially thinking it must be a weekend morning I realised that my alarm would not go off on a weekend morning. Damn. Another day at a boring dead end job. And it was raining last night, with prospect of more rain during the day.
I managed to get ready, slowly.I heard that blasted cat who seems to think it's alright to meow outside the window all night. At least today he didn't show up till around 6.45am. Perhaps his owners kept him in over night. It's as if he's calling his playmates (my little boy amongst them) and expect them to come out and play. I wonder if my cats behave the same way near other peoples homes? I really hope not, because it's close to being one of the most annoying things in the world.

Anyway, after waking the curiosity of all 3 of my cats with his meowing he ran away when he saw me through the curtains.
I left the house wearing my wellies and a sleeveless jacket. Sporting the "farmer's wife" look.
On my way to the station my thought of it being a weekend came back to me. There were no cars in sight, which was a bit eerie. Then the thought of the alarm clock reoccurred and I realised it must just be a quiet day. But had someone changed the clicks overnight? Was it not just before 7am? Was it indeed just before 6am? Nope, the right radio show was on the air. Weird. Where did people go?

The station contained the usual faces. Business people in their trainers. Ready to take on the corporate world. I wonder what they do all day?

No comments:

Post a Comment